Harcourts Your Place advises that your property is neat and tidy in order for you to market it correctly. It is more appealing to buyers if they see you have taken care of your home, presentation is everything. First impression is also important, just think if you were looking to buy a house how would you like to see it presented? Below our team has discussed ways you can present your property.
- Remove bikes, tools, and any clutter.
- Keep lawns mowed, paths edged, hedges trimmed and gardens weeded.
- A few well-positioned flowering potted plants can create a welcoming appearance.
- Having the exterior washed and windows cleaned can make an enormous difference.
- Paint or wash fences, gates, screens, steps and the front door.
- Ensure your pets are secured so that they won’t pose a threat or annoy visitors. Outside lighting is a must for evening inspections.
Welcoming into the home
- Your front door and entranceway can be powerful first impression areas.
- Properties yet to be renovated can visually show buyers the potential of the property, you can highlight assets by decorations.
- Position a plant or maybe a table with some candles to create a welcoming feeling.
Appeal to the Senses
- A general spring clean will freshen the look and the air, keeping windows open before hand can also air out the room.
- Turn on sufficient lights when inspections are being held to compensate for any dark areas.
- Use odour neutralisers to dispel with cigarette or animal smells. The delicious aroma of home cooked meals or baked goods will show that you love your home.
- Bathrooms should be gleaming. Repair any broken tiles and reseal around the bath and basin if necessary. A dish of scented potpourri or even some small candles will create a fresh scent.
- Interesting knick-knacks, books or artwork in feature areas around your property can encourage visitors to linger.
Create a feeling of spaciousness
- Ensure your kitchen is spotless, the working areas are uncluttered with tidy cupboards and pantry.
- Make sure wardrobes are tidy – they’ll look larger.
- Mirrors in smaller rooms can convey the feeling of more space.
- To enlarge room size appearance, perhaps store some furniture and ornaments.
- Allow your buyers the time and relaxed atmosphere to become emotionally involved in your property by leaving the premises during inspections. Your consultant will maintain security at all times.